I like pie. I never imagine that I would made it by my self.
This is my first pie. I get the recipe from Mbak Hesti's blog. This pie is delicious but I think too sweet although the sweetness can be covered by whip cream. All family and friends really like this pie.
150 gr all purpose flour
75 gr unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
2 tbsp castor sugar
1 unit egg yolk
2 tbsp cold water
50 gr butter
30 gr brown/palm sugar
2 tbsp milk
200 gr condensed milk
3 unit banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200 ml whipping cream
- Blend together pastry dough ingredient in food processor until it just comes together (crumbs). Shape dough into a disc, wrap and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Remove from the refrigerator, then line a 20cm tart shell with pastry, trim edges, and dock pastry with a fork and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Slice bananas and arrange in bottom of tart shell.
- Stir together butter and brown sugar in a medium heat sauce pot until butter melted and sugar dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add milk and condensed milk. Whisking constantly over medium heat, cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes. It becomes a caramel.
- Pour caramel over bananas in tart and spread evenly. Chill for 2 hours.
Whip whipping cream to soft peaks.
Spread whipped cream topping on top of tart. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings/curls.